How to Use Aadhaar eSignature on the DGFT e-Platform?
Aadhaar e-sign is an online electronic signature service that facilitates an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign documents or applications on DGFT and other e-platforms.
In case you do not have a Digital Signature Certificate, you may choose to use Aadhaar e-sign
What are the Pre-requisites for using Aadhaar e-Sign?
o You are required to have an Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID of your Aadhaar
o Your mobile number should be registered with your Aadhaar
Who can sign using Aadhaar Virtual ID?
- All entity types can use the given feature as per the given mapping –
Nature of Concern – Signatory Type
Proprietorship – Proprietor
Partnership – Partner
Limited Liability Partnership – Partner
Private Limited – Director
Public Limited – Director
Government Undertaking – Signatory
Registered Society – Member
Trust – Trustee
HUF – Karta
One Person Company – Director
- Please ensure that your Name and Year of Birth as per PAN matches your name and year of Birth on your Aadhaar.
- For Limited Companies, director details populated and validated through the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) shall only be allowed to e-sign the application.
- How to use the Aadhaar e-sign to link the IEC?
o Enter your PAN, name as per PAN, and DoB for proceeding with e-Sign. These details will first be validated with CBDT.
o Once details are validated with CBDT, the PAN details will be validated with the PAN of the signatory in the IEC. If the same matches, the User may proceed with the next step.
o In case of a mismatch the applicant cannot use the Aadhaar e-sign facility. They may update the IEC details using other authentication means to use this e-sign facility in the future.
o After successful validation the user is redirected to the Aadhaar portal to validate and e-Sign.
o User is required to enter the Aadhaar number/Virtual ID. On submission, the OTP should be available on the registered mobile number.
o Once OTP is validated, the response will match with the Name and Year of Birth as per PAN with the details provided by Aadhaar.
o Upon successful validation the e-sign process would be completed.
Following are few errors which users receive while using Aadhaar e-Sign:
- a) “The Names do not match, Name as per PAN is <X> and Name as per Aadhaar is <Y>.”
Solution- It appears when Aadhaar Validation fails because the Name of the signatory in PAN and IEC does not match with the Name in Aadhaar Database. You may alternatively use a DSC token or make corrections by updating Name in PAN at CBDT or in the Aadhaar
- b) “The Year of birth doesn’t match, Year of Birth as per PAN is <XXXX> and Year of Birth as per Aadhaar is <YYYY>.”
Solution- It appears when Aadhaar Validation fails because the Year of Birth in Signatory’s PAN and IEC does not match with the Year of Birth in Aadhaar Database. You may alternatively use a DSC token or make corrections by updating Year of Birth in PAN at CBDT or in the Aadhaar
- c) “There is some problem at Aadhaar OTP service. Kindly contact ESP for more details” or “We are facing technical issue with Aadhaar. Please use DSC for signing or try after some time”
Solution- Any of the above errors may be encountered when the Aadhaar e-sign service provided by the third party is not available currently. You may consider waiting for some time. You may also choose to proceed with DSC to sign the application.